Saturday, November 3, 2012

Well, it certainly has been a while since I've last posted on this blog -- nearly three years. What's kept me away? Mostly family -- I'm now up to three little children, 5 years old and younger, and getting sleep, staying coherent at work and of course, spending time with my family have erased most of my free time. But I really do miss writing about coffee and wine, so I'm gearing up to post again on a regular basis. I've had some amazing wine adventures during my blogging blackout, so I'll be sharing some of those (including tasting a 1947 Bealieu Napa Pinot Noir, a Domaine de la Romanee Conti Vosne-Romanee and countless verticals). On the coffee side of things, I've been exploring some new brands, like Roast Co. and Handsome Coffee Roasters. And My interest in other beverages has grown as well. I'm still a big fan of intense beers like IPAs and imperial stouts; and have fallen in love with the artisinal cocktail scene thriving in the SF Bay area. And while I'm not mixing and shaking and stirring my own creations at home, I have begun recreating historic punches for parties from David Wondrich's "Punch: The Delights (and Dangers) of the Flowing Bowl." So expect to see more from me soon. OK, off to enforce potty time.

No comments: