Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bitch 2007 Geranche


(found the label image on google, so it's from a different vintage)
I usually don't buy wines with cute labels, and while this did get a chuckle, I passed it by for more serious fare. "Not so fast!" the wine clerk told me. "It's actually a good wine - Parker gave it 90 points!"

I figured I'd give it a shot for around $11. The bottle, produced by R Wines, was made with grapes from 20-80 year old vines in Eastwood, Australia. It clocks in at 15 percent alcohol and wasn't aged in oak.

The wine appears very light and clear, with a nose of cran-apple. Same flavors in the mouth, with the addition of cherries.

The producer's website says: "Ripe quince and lifted spice with a rich juicy concentration. Intense perfumed characters come from the sandy loam and dark berry characters from the heavier red-brown soils."

Overall, it's a silly label for a decent cheap wine that had me pouring more per night than I intended. Good for lighter meals, or just plain drinkin'.

No comments: