Friday, August 29, 2008

Slow Food

It's been a few days since I last posted, but I've been busy at work covering the hurricane and just absorbing all the political news the past week.

Tonight I attended Slow Food's VIP Tasting tonight. WOW. That's all I can say. I spoke to coffee bean farmers and roasters; I spoke so sommeliers and wine grape growers; I had a man-date with a home beer brewer who also happens to work at Gorden Biersch and we tasted several amazing brews together; I had freshly sliced salami; ate freshly caught fish; drank several unique cocktails; savored some amazing cheeses; slowly melted several fine chocolates in my mouth; oh, and did I mention the incredible coffees and wines?!?!?!?!

I took some notes about the coffees and wines I drank, but for the most part, I was just truly enjoying everything the event had to offer. It's times like these that I just love the fact that I live in San Francisco.

No comments: